The easiest homemade Cheese Ravioli in a creamy sauce you’ll want on repeat! Cheese ravioli pasta in a rich sauce ready to be enjoyed in under 30-minutes.
Cheese Ravioli Recipe-
Though we love making homemade pasta ravioli from scratch if we have the time for it, I love this shortcut version when I am pressed for time using a few simple ingredients. Frozen cheese ravioli that’s served with a quick sauce, perfect for a busy evening.
|What is Ravioli?
A type of pasta in the shape of a square using thin pasta dough and a filling and served in a sauce or broth. The dish originates from traditional Italian cuisine and may be served filled with different fillings and serve in different sauces.
Easy Ravioli Sauce-
Though you can use your favorite cheese ravioli for this recipe, it’s the sauce that completes it. It is inspired by our popular Alfredo Sauce and is so delicious.
The butter and garlic sauteed with diced tomatoes are so flavorful. Then combined with the cheese and heavy cream completes the sauce.
I love that isn’t overly complex to make yet totally feels like a fancy meal.
How to Make Cheese Ravioli-
- Cook pasta- Start by cooking the pasta according to package instructions in a large pot, and drain using a colander or use a slotted spoon, cover to keep them warm.
- Saute garlic- In a large skillet, saute the butter with garlic and diced tomatoes for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour- Whisk in the all-purpose flour until incorporated.
- Add liquids- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Add cheese- Add the parmesan cheese and mix.
- Cook- Allow the sauce to simmer until it thickens. Add the ravioli to the sauce and cook until the pasta is reheated.
- Serve- Sprinkle with parmesan or romano cheese and parsley and serve while hot.
Tips & Variation-
Though this cheese ravioli is great as is, here are some variations and twists you can try:
- Add protein: Add cooked ham or shrimp to the sauce.
- Make it spicy: If you want some heat in your sauce, add some of our Cajun Seasoning or even some Red Hot sauce or Sriracha.
- Add vegetables: Fresh spinach, asparagus, mushrooms or zucchini would all complement the pasta.
Serve the cheese ravioli with your favorite bowl of salad or side for a complete meal.
- A classic Caesar Salad compliments the pasta.
- Homemade Bread Sticks or our Russian Bread.
- Roasted Vegetables for a lighter side.
- Fridge- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer- We do not recommend freezing this dish.
- Reheat- Reheat the ravioli with sauce over low heat until reheated.
More Pasta Dishes-
Pasta dinners are by far our favorite type of meal! Here are some of our most popular dishes:
- Chicken Scampi Recipe
- Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Chicken Stuffed Shells in Alfredo
Cheese Ravoioli in Creamy Sauce
Cook the ravioli according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sautee the butter with garlic and diced tomatoes for about 2-3 minutes.
Quickly whisk in the flour until incorporated.
Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
Add the parmesan cheese and mix.
Allow the sauce to simmer until it thickens. Add the ravioli into the sauce and cook until the pasta is reheated.
Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy.
Original Article: Click Here
Author: Valentina’s Corner